Garbage Collection Service
Commercial Garbage Collection
Commercial garbage pick-up is provided on Monday and Thursday.
Residential Garbage Collection
Residential accounts are assigned a garbage collection day based on where they live. Find your scheduled garbage collection day with our interactive map.
Recycling is done every other Wednesday. Use the Recycling and Loose Leaf Calendar (PDF) to get your exact date for Recycling Collection and week for Loose Leaf Collection.
Please help us provide efficient, safe and timely service to all customers by doing the following:
- Place your green garbage cart curbside the night before your scheduled service.
- The green roll-out container is for household garbage such as kitchen scraps and small items. It is not to be used for disposal of recyclables, yard waste, liquids, dirt, masonry, rock, metal, wood, building materials, ashes, loose diapers, animal waste, contractor waste, fluorescent light tubes, electronic waste or hazardous waste.
- Do not put cardboard out with your garbage. Cardboard is picked up by the Town on your regular recycle day. Boxes are to be broken down and placed beside your recycle cart at the curb for pick-up. Cardboard pick-up service is only available for residential accounts. We do not provide cardboard recycle service for commercial accounts.
- Find information on Yard Debris and Loose Leaf Collection services.
- Find information on Recycling Service.
- Find information on Electronic Recycling.
For cart repairs or replacements call 919-753-1027.
Pick up is on Monday for items that are too large to fit in your garbage cart. Requests should be made by 5 pm on Friday at 919-753-1027. There is no fee for this residential customer service. The town does not collect construction materials, treated wood or pallets or hazardous waste materials. Visit the Wake County Waste & Recycling for proper disposal of these items.
Bulky Item Pick-up Request Form
Thanksgiving pick up is on Friday and Christmas pick-up is determine according to date. Garbage collection is not affected on any other holiday. If a holiday falls on Monday, bulky items and appliance pick-up will be on Tuesday.