Town Board Meeting Recap
The Town Board meets on the first Monday and the Tuesday following the 3rd Monday of each month.
The meeting agenda is available the Friday before the scheduled meeting. Meeting minutes are posted after the Town Board reviews and approves them which is generally at the next meeting. Find agendas and minutes.
Here’s a recap of what happened at the Town Board meeting on Tuesday, January 2. Approved minutes should be available after Jan. 16:
Ramey Beavers was recognized for his service on the Fuquay-Varina Planning Board and Thurman (Rudy) Collins was recognized for his service on the Board Adjustment.
Public hearings were held on several items and the Town Board approved the following:
- Voluntary Annexation Petition (235 Coley Farm Road)
- Voluntary Annexation Petition (1455 Bowling Road)
- Voluntary Annexation Petition (9207, 9211, 9215 Purfoy Road)
- Zoning Map Amendment (9207, 9211, 9215 Purfoy Road)
- Zoning Map Amendment (2205 Terri Creek Drive)
- Zoning Map Amendment (411 Conover Street)
- Zoning Map Amendment (414 SW Judd Parkway)
- Town Code Amendment addressing recent statutory changes
Town offices will be closed for observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday on Jan. 15, 2018
The 14th Annual Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration will be hosted by the Cultural Arts Society of Fuquay-Varina on Jan. 15, 2018. Find information on the event.
The Town Board was advised by Town Manager Adam Mitchell of First Readings for Zoning Map Amendments for the following properties:
- 8020 Daddy Road, 0 Daddy Road, 0 Gelder Drive, 7010 Ten-Ten Road and 7512 Ten-Ten Road
- 1501 Angier Road and 8816 Purfoy Road
- 7005 Kennebec Road