2021 SWAC Soccer State Championships
Welcome to the Town of Fuquay-Varina!
Originally, visitors from near and far traveled to the quaint town that is now called Fuquay-Varina seeking the healing powers of the Fuquay Mineral Spring.
Today, Fuquay-Varina remains an ideal destination for visitors looking for a day-trip adventure or weekend getaway. The town, located just 15 minutes south of Raleigh, has flourished into a vibrant, family-friendly community. Our population has grown by 335% in the past 20 years to over 35,000 citizens making it one of the fastest growing towns in North Carolina!
With 2 beautiful downtown districts, an abundance of charm, a rich history and plenty to see and do, Fuquay-Varina offers a dash more to those seeking an adventure. The town offers a thriving art scene, award-winning breweries, authentic festivals, and exceptional dining and shopping that is more fun than formal. You'll find it all in Fuquay-Varina!
Come for a day or stay for a lifetime. It's evident from our phenomenal growth rate that many visit our inviting town and decide to put down roots. Visit Fuquay-Varina to see how we offer a dash more of what you are looking for.
Tournament Information/Coaches’ Meeting
We are excited to host the 2021 SWAC Soccer State Championships this year. We hope that each of you enjoy your experience not only at the tournament, but also in our Town. In this brochure you will find some information that will help you during your time here.
- Rosters and birth certificates are due Tuesday, November 9 at 5pm.
- Every game will be played at Fleming Loop Park, 503 Fleming Loop Road, Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526. There will be no gate fees, or parking fees, for this tournament. Parking is limited. We encourage families to carpool with other family members or teammates if possible.
- The main check-in tent will be located at the center of the park near the flagpole. At this tent we will have the main brackets set up as well as a photo booth for participants to come and take a photo with the tournament backdrop.
- Coaches’ meetings for teams whose first games are Friday evening will be at 5pm at the main tent. For teams playing their first game on Saturday, the meeting is at 8am at the main tent.
- Please, no tailgating or open fire grilles.
- We will have water coolers at each field for players to stay hydrated throughout the tournament.
- First aid kits will also be available at each field.
- Concessions will be available at the concession stand located at the center of the park.
- We have restrooms at the rear of the concession stand as well as ancillary restrooms at both ends of the park.
- There is a playground and picnic shelter located at the rear of the park.
If you have any questions or need anything, please feel free to stop by the tent and we will have someone there to assist you; or call Trey at (919) 753-1866 or the Community Center at (919) 552-1430.
We would like to say a special thank you to all our tournament sponsors as well. Please be sure to stop by and see them while you are in town.
Thank you for participating and we look forward to seeing you all very soon!