Welcome to the website for the Town of Fuquay-Varina Procurement Division of the Finance Department. Our goal is to be good stewards of the Town by keeping the citizens informed on the purpose of the Procurement Division along with current bids and management of surplus property.
The mission of the Procurement Division is to ensure the cost-effective, efficient, and timely procurement of the necessary goods and services to enable all Town departments to achieve their missions, goals, and objectives and effectively deliver services to the residents, conducted in compliance with applicable State and Federal laws and regulations, locally established ordinances, and approved procurement policies and procedures.
A goal of the procurement division is to ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all merchants and vendors involved in public procurement and to provide safeguards for maintaining a procurement system of quality, transparency, and integrity.
The Town maintains an open-door policy for all potential bidders and encourages the participation of minority and women businesses in the procurement process. To achieve these goals, the Town employs both centralized and decentralized procurement operations.
The division provides value-added services to:
- procure the goods and services necessary for all Town staff to meet their goals and objectives as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible;
- protect the interests of the Town;
- ensure federal, state, and local laws and ordinances legal compliance in all contractual relationships;
- provide a fair climate for suppliers;
- ensure compliance with the Town’s MWBE Ordinance;
- provide knowledgeable advice and consultation;
- assist in specification development and review;
- maintain high ethical business standards and full statutory compliance;
- provide continuous training and education to our clients;
- minimize disputes between internal and external clients;
- identify sources of supply at cost-effective prices and serve as an information resource center;
- manage requests within reasonable time frames and with a positive customer service attitude;
- disposal of surplus personal property and salvage/scrap property that is no longer requited by Town departments.
The following links will provide more detailed information on each service the Procurement Division provides.