March 18, 2020 Update
While Town Hall is closed to the public to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, Town of Fuquay-Varina government services are hard at work continuing to provide services
Pertaining to Permits, site plans and related documentsThere are two Drop Boxes located behind Town Hall next to the Utility Payment Drop Box which should be used for submitting permit application fees, payments if you do not choose to utilize the online option. Payments dropped in the Utility Payment Drop Box should be in an envelope and clearly labeled. Please call and let us know it has been dropped. These Large Drop Off Boxes are labeled Pick Up and Drop Off. They will be located there from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays. The drop boxes are checked hourly.
Planning and Engineering are utilizing the Large Drop Boxes located behind Town Hall for Plats, Mylars, Subdivision Plans, Storm Water, etc.
Inspections Direct Line 919-552-1433
Planning Direct Line 919-552-1429
Engineering Direct Line 919-753-1869
Effective September 7, 2018 - The Town of Fuquay-Fuquay Varina (TOFV) is pleased to announce Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control (EC) Program Delegation.
Please see local program announcement for details.
The Engineering Department provides engineering, technical, and contract management assistance to various Town departments. The Engineering Department provides the following typical services:
- New Development Preliminary Plan review and Construction Plan review
- Project management for the planning, design, and construction of municipally funded infrastructure projects, i.e. water system extensions, sewage collection system extensions, Town maintained roadway and storm sewer projects, and Town facility improvements
- Long range infrastructure planning
- Updates to Town Standard Specifications and Details
- Development of various engineering policies and procedures
- Maintain / update the Town's Geographical Information System (GIS)
It is also the Engineering Department's responsibility to schedule, design, prepare specifications, acquire permits, secure rights-of-way, advertise, bid, and manage various capital improvement projects as directed and approved by the Town Board of Commissioners and the Town Manager.
Other engineering responsibilities include plan review, obtaining and holding applicable permits and encroachment agreements, and observing the construction of new public infrastructure to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Town Standard Specifications and Construction Details
NEW:Town Standards Specifications and Construction Details, Version 3.0, Effective January 1, 2019.
Please click here for more information and to download the NEW Town Standard Specifications and Construction Details.
- Previous Town Standard Specifications and Construction Details:
- Previous Town Standard Specifications and Construction Details are available upon request. Please contact the Engineering Department by email or by phone at 919-753-1004.