Due to prudent financial decisions by the Fuquay-Varina Board of Commissioners and town staff, Fuquay-Varina has achieved a Standard and Poor's AAA credit rating - the best possible rating for a local government. The Town of Fuquay-Varina also has the Aa1 rating from Moody's Investor Services.
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report is the official statement of the town's financial position on June 30th, the close of the fiscal year.
Achievement for Excellence
The Town of Fuquay-Varina has received a Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for its comprehensive annual financial report. The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its management.
Every year since 2014, the Town of Fuquay-Varina's Finance Department has earned the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence.
The Town of Fuquay-Varina Comprehensive Financial Annual Report has been judged by an impartial panel to meet the high standards of the program including demonstrating a constructive "Spirit of full disclosure" to clearly communicated its financial story and motivate potential users and user groups to read the Comprehensive Financial Annual Report.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
- Annual Comprehensive Financial Report - June 30, 2021 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - June 30, 2020 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - June 30, 2019 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - June 30, 2018 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - June 30, 2017 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - June 30, 2016 (PDF)