Recycling Collection Service
The Town provides bi-weekly curbside recycling collection. Recycling is picked up every other Wednesday and should follow these guidelines…
- Place your blue recycling cart curbside on Tuesday nights.
- Break down and flatten cardboard boxes and remove all packing material.
- Recycle! The State of North Carolina has banned cardboard, aluminum cans, and numbered plastics in landfills.
- Put your recycling in plastic bags.
- Put pizza boxes in your recycling.
- Put any type of plastic film, plastic grocery bags, styrofoam, or bubble wrap in the recycling cart.
- Put anything other than allowed recyclables in your recycling cart.
Carts that contain non-recyclable and/or bagged items will not be collected.
Recycling Collection Schedule
Determine your collection date using the Green and Blue Recycling Calendar. Find out if you are assigned to the Blue or Green Route with our interactive web map. Expand the Town Information and Development layer group, and then select the Recycling and Leaf Collection Streets layer. Enter your address in the upper left corner to zoom to the address.
What can be recycled?
|Only recycle these items||Do not recycle these items|
Plastics (water, soda, and cleaning bottles; plastic jugs)
Properly prepare your recyclables:
Empty and rinse off any residue
Flatten cardboard and remove all packing materials
Place directly in cart, not in bags
Clam shell containers
Wire or plastic
Plant pots or containers
Plastic bags, film, and packaging
Plastic bottles containing oil or chemicals
Fabric, clothes, and textiles
Plastic produce containers
Styrofoam (cups, egg cartons, take-out containers, packing materials)
Syringes or medical waste
Large or scrap metal (such as frying pans and metal pipes)
Window or auto glass
If your cart is cracked or damaged…
For recycling cart repairs or replacements, please call (919) 753-1027.
If you recycle a lot…
You can purchase an additional 95-gallon cart from the Town for a $25 fee. There is no additional charge for the monthly pick-up service. To have an additional 95-gallon cart delivered, complete this online form, or call 919-753-1027.