INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PREPARING AND SUBMITTING YOUR BID.
All bids shall be prepared and submitted in accordance with the following requirements. Failure to comply with any requirement shall cause the bid to be considered irregular and shall be grounds for rejection of the bid.
1. The bid form furnished by the Town of Fuquay-Varina with the proposal shall be used and shall not be altered in any manner. DO NOT SEPARATE THE BID FORM FROM THE PROPOSAL!
2. All entries on the bid form, including signatures, shall be written in ink.
3. The Bidder shall submit a unit price for every item on the bid form. The unit prices for the various contract items shall be written in figures. ***Unit prices must be limited to TWO decimal places.***
4. An amount bid shall be entered on the bid form for every item. The amount bid for each item shall be determined by multiplying each unit bid by the quantity for that item, and shall be written in figures in the "Amount Bid" column of the form.
5. The total amount bid shall be written in figures in the proper place on the bid form. The total amount shall be determined by adding the amounts bid for each item.
6. Changes in any entry shall be made by marking through the entry in ink and making the correct entry adjacent thereto in ink. A representative of the Bidder shall initial the change in ink. Do not use “White Out” or similar product to make corrections.
7. The bid shall be properly executed. All bids shall show the following information:
a. Name of individual, firm, corporation, partnership, or joint venture submitting bid.
b. Name of individual or representative submitting bid and position or title.
c. Name, signature, and position or title of witness.
d. Federal Identification Number
e. Contractor's License Number (If available)
8. Bids submitted by corporations shall bear the seal of the corporation.
9. The bid shall not contain any unauthorized additions, deletions, or conditional bids.
10. The bidder shall not add any provision reserving the right to accept or reject an award, or to enter into a contract pursuant to an award.
11. THE PROPOSAL WITH THE BID FORM STILL ATTACHED SHALL BE PLACED IN A SEALED ENVELOPE AND SHALL HAVE BEEN DELIVERED TO AND RECEIVED IN THE (TOWN OF FUQUAY-VARINA AND 134 N. MAIN STREET, FUQUAY-VARINA, NC 27526), BY 2:00 P.M. ON, THURSDAY, JUNE 15, 2023.
12. The sealed bid must display the following statement on the front of the sealed envelope:
“QUOTATION FOR – SM-5705S/HL-0041 S. JUDD PARKWAY AND S. MAIN STREET INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENTS TO BE OPENED AT 2:00 P.M. ON THURSDAY, JUNE 15, 2023.”
13. If delivered by mail, the sealed envelope shall be placed in another sealed envelope and the outer envelope shall be addressed as follows:
TOWN OF FUQUAY-VARINA
Attn: JoAnne Crabtree
134 N. Main Street
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
AWARD OF CONTRACT
The North Carolina Department of Transportation, in accordance with the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252) and the Regulations of the Department of Transportation (49 C.F.R., Part 21), issued pursuant to such act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that the contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement will be awarded to the lowest responsible bidder without discrimination on the ground of race, color, or national origin. The Town of Fuquay-Varina reserves the right to reject all bids.